Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Knipex pliers set from Europe

When my parents visited us during last Christmas, my dad brought me some presents in the form of European tools. One of these gifts was a set of Knipex pliers.

Knippex pliers

This is a great set of pliers, German made, of a very high quality. I have been using these pliers more and more for electric work, cutting cables, plumbing, automotive and more, to the point that my Craftsman set is starting to get dusty.

My dad told me he uses the cutting pliers (center in above picture) for cutting almost everything including nails and other metals. I can confirm these are strong enough for this type of heavy duty work although I am going to take care of them by not pushing them to the limit. Here is a closer look to the cutting pliers:

Cutting pliers

A few weeks after I got this gift, I saw this same kit selling at Lowe's so if you are interested in getting these you know where to get them from. Amazon also sells some good sets of Knipex tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment