Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tip to reuse paint tray

This is what I do when I am finished painting with a paint roll. I think it only works with latex-based paint. I leave some paint on the tray, just enough to create a thin film of paint once it dries. After one day of drying, I can peel off most of the paint, like shown in the picture below.

 

If there is some paint left behind after the peeling, you can still remove it by scratching, it'll come out very easily. Paint needs to be completely dry for this trick to work. I also use this for other paint recipients like plastic cups, etc.

This is what it looks like when it's ready to use again:


Now, I wouldn't use this paint tray with a different type of paint but if you're going to be using the same paint, it should be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment