Saturday, May 7, 2011

New tool: Long Nose Pliers

We went to the park this afternoon and my wife found this laying on the lawn:

Mac Tools Long Nose Pliers

They didn't look like this at all, they were covered in a layer of rust from the weather, they probably sat there for one or two weeks, and they looked like a tool you would discard immediately. Anyway, I wanted to take them home to see if I could restore them.

After letting them soak in "Evapo-Rust" for a few hours and some scrubbing later, they look almost like new. I could even see the laser-etched logo (which I removed after some more scrubbing) and wow! it turns out they are made by Mac Tools so they are probably a $40 pair of pliers.


They definitely look like a good quality tool, and for what I paid, I can't complain!


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment